The KYK Harmony water ionizer is at least three years old and as such
most if not all of them have accumulated a significant amount of calcium
on the electrolysis plates. This is why customers who check the pH of
the water their machines are producing see that it is neutral or at best
only slightly alkaline. The reason for this is that as great as the
automatic cleaning cycle is in the KYK Harmony, over time the calcium
will stick and accumulate and form a barrier between the plates and the
water. What this means is that the water is not being effectively
ionized. The solution is an intensely acid solution like what is in the
new KYK Harmony Citric Acid Cleaning cartridge to dislodge the hardened
calcium from off the plates. This cartridge will give you the
opportunity to give your machine the kind of deep cleaning that will
help you machine work like new again. Depending on the severity of the
accumulated calcium build up you may need two cartridges to do the trick.
We recommend that you use the cleaning cartridge at least once a year,
and more if your water is particularly hard.
Cleaning Cartridge Instructions
1) Turn off your KYK Harmony
2) Take out the Harmony filter and install the cleaning filter
3) Tie the acidic hose on the bottom of the unit with kind of rubber
band or something to stop the water flow.
4) Let water flow for about 1 minute at around 0.5L / min.
5) Turn off the tap and let the machine sit for 2 hours
6) Untie the acidic hose
7) Run water through the machine again for about 5 minutes
8) Remove the cleaning filter and install the Harmony filter
9) Flow water for 3 min (adjust the water flow at normal)
your credit card information (unless we take your order by
phone) and PayPal will only retain your
information if you want to be a PayPal member. This has made
checkout faster and even more secure.
payment for over 71
million members and uses SSL,
the security standard used for eCommerce.
For customers who
prefer place their orders over the phone, simply call us at (718) 690-5385.