The basic idea
behind using the this cleaning cartridge is to have the acid media
in the cartridge mix with some water and move from the cartridge to
the electrolysis chamber of your ionizer. This can be achieved by
installing the cleaning cartridge filter, then turn on the tap for a
short period. Once water start flowing through the flexible metal
discharge hose, turn off the tap. Allow the acid water to sock and
dissolve any calcium build up on the electrolysis plates. Let sit
for a few hours and then flush by running water for three to five
minutes. Install your regular cartridge filter and enjoy alkaline
water. See more detailed instructions below:
How often or when should you use the
Clean the unit every 3 to 6 months,
If you find small white particles mixed in with the
alkaline water (microwater or Kangen Water).
When the pH level fails
to vary in accordance with the unit's setting, as measured by pH
When the alkaline water comes out sparingly,
stops, or when drops of white liquid after using the unit.
Caution: Be certain to shut off the faucet
and turn off the unit before beginning cleaning. Be certain to unplug
the unit before beginning. Failure to do so could result in serious
1. Remove the main unit's water filter cover,
unscrew the water filter holder, and remove the regular filter
2. Insert the electrolysis cleaning cartridge
and secure it with the water filter holder
3. Plug the end of the secondary acid run off hose with the hose
4. Bend the white flexible pipe up so that it is higher than the
5. Turn on just enough water so that it drips from the end of the
flexible metal hose. After allowing it to run (drip) for a minute,
then turn off the tap and let sit for 3 to 5 hours. You can also let
it sit over night.
6. Return the flexible metal hose to its original down position and
unstop the secondary acid run off hose.
7. Turn on the water and let it run for 5 to 10 minutes.
8. Turn of the water and in the same as instructions 1 and 2 replace
the cleaning cartridge with the regular filter cartridge. After the
regular filter cartridge is installed run the water for 1 to 3
9. Replace the water filter cover, plug the water
ionizers back in, and cleaning is finished.
10. After cleaning, there is a chance that some
calcium could appear in the water. In such a case,
please discard that water.
The citric acid being used in this cartridge is a
common food additive, and poses no health risks.
Caution: The cleaning cartridge can only be used
once. A new cleaning cartridge must be used each
time cleaning is conducted.
Electrolysis Plate Cleaning Cartridge